Prompt: Arty Starters
Last week, I visited Sydney’s Museum of Contemporary Art. I enjoyed how the current exhibition elicits the full spectrum of reactions, from ‘yacallthatART?’ to ‘WOW’.
I also liked the quirky titles the artists gave to some of their pieces. As I wandered through the museum, I jotted down titles that could work as writing prompts.
Here’s 25 of them which I’ve numbered. Pick what appeals or choose a number (1-25) and write about the title corresponding to it. Perhaps give yourself a minimum limit, such as one page or 10 minutes of writing.
If you want, tweak a title to come up with something different that you would like to write about.
1. You’re Not Thinking Fourth Dimensionally
2. Our Still Lives (Keep Falling)
3. As Venereal Theists Rest / The Natives are Restless
4. Poetic Suicide
5. A Joycean Laugh
6. It’s Such a Thin Line Between Clever and Stupid
8. It’s Kept Together by Moving All Round
10. Pondlurking, Skylarking Freaks of the City
11. Sad Magick
12. Final Path
13. How We Live Nowadays
14. Love Me Safely
15. Shit Did I Really Say That Out Loud
16. Miracle Cure Meeting
17. Look Around Everything is Dirty
19. Cause I See the Light Surrounding You So Don’t Be Afraid
20. The Beginning of the End. The End of the Beginning.
21. Defined By What We Dangle?
22. Space Baby
23. Beat Me, Tap Me, Bore Me
24. Moon Inclusion